In order to use the wireless network you agree to comply with all of the following conditions:
- I will comply with all state and federal laws and the Basehor Community Library policies and procedures.
- I will not use the network in a way that disrupts the use of the network by others. This includes but is not limited to downloading large files and streaming audio or video.
- I understand Basehor Library’s wireless network does not filter the viewing of questionable material. As such, I will not access or exhibit obscene material on computers while in the library. Disseminating or exhibiting obscene material is a crime in the state of Kansas (see K.S.A. 21-4301 as amended).
- I will not plug a personal device into the Library’s computer network via an Ethernet/CAT5 cable.
- I understand library staff must have my permission to provide any troubleshooting assistance for my personal device. If I give permission, I will not hold library staff responsible for any damage to my device. There is no guarantee that a wireless connection can be made or maintained.
- I understand the wireless is not secure. Information sent from or to my personal device can be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
- I understand the Basehor Community Library assumes no responsibility for the any loss, theft, or damage to data, personal equipment or software resulting from connection to the wireless network.
Basehor Community Library reserves the right to prohibit an individual from accessing the wireless network if that individual is violating any of the policies or guidelines of the Library.
** Reviewed by the Basehor Community Library Board of Directors September 13, 2012; amended June 15, 2015. **